Asian-oriental carrot-ginger-lentil soup
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking or baking time: 20 min.
Total preparation time: 30 min.
This delicious creamy soup is prepared in 30 minutes and does it right.
There are many different recipes for carrot and ginger soup. I have created my own recipe from different cultures: a cross-cultural soup. Half oriental / half asian and she convinces with wonderful harmonizing spices.
Ingredients are needed for 2 people
- 100 g red lentils
- 300 g of carrots
- 1 clove of garlic
- a thumb-sized piece of ginger
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- some lemon or lime juice
- 150 g of Greek / Turkish cream yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp harissa (spicy arabic spice paste or powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (cumin) ground
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 1 mango or mango juice / syrup
- 1 glass of orange juice
- 4 tablespoons of salted pistachios
- fresh or dried parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- some honey
- Butter is left out in a pot.
- The vegetables are finely diced and steamed over medium heat.
- The red lentils, as well as tomato paste and the spices, are added after a few minutes and briefly roasted.
- Now add the broth and the orange juice, as well as the diced mango (substitute juice), bring to the boil briefly and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Then mix everything with the blender until frothy, slowly adding the coconut milk.
- During the last few minutes, I added some prawns to the soup (they can also be fried separately in garlic oil) and, after a short time, were picked out and put on a wooden spit.
- The soup with honey, a few splashes of lemon juice and salt to taste and fill in bowls. Garnish with parsley and chopped pistachio nuts.
- The yoghurt is well stirred with harissa and some curry or turmeric and served with the soup, on the end of the skewer with the shrimp draped (or even with chicken breast ect.).