Bean stew with apples
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking or baking time: 55 min.
Total preparation time: 1 hr. 15 min.
Anyone can eat this stew. He is not low in calories. I have this recipe from a cookbook. But I modified it a bit.
for 8 persons:
- 700g beef lean
- 2 -3 onions
- 3 tablespoons of butter lard
- 1l vegetable broth (instant broth powder with water)
- 2 big cans of green beans
- about 700g potatoes
- 100g streaky bacon
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons marjoram
- Sugar at will (depending on how sweet you want it), for me it was about 100g
- 3 - 4 tablespoons wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3 sour apples
- Wash the beef and pat dry, then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Peel the onions and finely chop and dice the bacon.
- Heat the clarified butter in a pan, add the meat and brown from all sides, then add the onions and bacon and fry briefly.
- Fill up with the vegetable stock and cook the meat over a moderate heat for 30 - 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel and dice the potatoes and drain the beans.
- Pour both into the pot and season with salt and pepper and cook for another 20-25 minutes.
- Now the stew with the vinegar and the sugar is sweet-sour tasted.
- Then add the diced apples and finally the parsley.
If you still want to know how this recipe relates to the Smartpoints or the calories, I will answer via PM.