Buttermilk bread with nuts
For years I bake our own bread. I have some bread recipes that I bake time and time again and this recipe is one of them. The bread tastes good for breakfast as well as a brunch with hearty sausage & cheese and sweet spreads. And if it should get older (which has only happened twice), then this bread is also very good in a bread casserole.
- 1 kg of spelled flour 1050
- 100 g multicorn flakes
- Peeled 180 g of hazelnuts
- 42 g yeast fresh
- 1 tbsp honey
- 875 ml of buttermilk
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 star anise
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
Pre-baking temperature 220 ° C 20 min.
Finish baking at 160 ° C 40 min.
- Weigh the flour in a large bowl. Make a bowl in the middle and crumble the yeast in. Approximately Add 250 ml of buttermilk and the honey. Stir in flour with the index finger from the edge of the trough and cover the bowl with cling film and keep warm for approx. 30 minutes. The yeast has worked well when many small fermentation vesicles have formed.
- Now let's take care of the other ingredients. Roughly chop the hazelnuts. Finely grind the fennel star anise and the coriander seeds in a spice mill.
- After the yeast has done its work, the multicorn flakes, the chopped hazelnuts, the spices, the salt and the remaining buttermilk come into the bowl. Knead the contents of the bowl to a smooth dough and heat again for about 30 minutes.
- Butter a 30s springform well.
- Knead the dough well again and fill it into the 30's springform pan. Cover the mold and let it rest for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C O / H heat.
- Brush the bread well with water (the water, which immediately evaporates when the bread is put into the oven, makes the bread crusty) and bake for 20 min. At 220 ° C O / U heat.
- Then reduce the oven temperature to 160 ° C O / U heat and bake the bread for another 40 minutes at this temperature.
- The bread is good, if you take it after baking from the mold, turn it over and knock on the bottom of the bread with your knuckles, then should hear a hollow tone of his.