Butterstollen variants: nut, poppy and classic stollen
Preparation time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cooking or baking time: 1 hr.
Total preparation time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Butter-Stollen-variants - my Butterstollen 3 in one go.
1 classic stollen a'1000 g (+/-)
1 lug with poppy seed a'1000 g (+/-)
1 stud with nut a'1000 g (+/-)
- 1 food processor
- 1 rental measure
- 3 stollen shapes *
- 1 scale
- 3 bowls with lid
- 1 small cooking potty with lid
- 2-3 dough cards
- 1 whisk
- 1 inner core thermometer (as used for meat)
Tip: All 3 in one go ...
(* A 3-box Verbandt box with lid, for 3 x 750 -1000 g lugs, is a time-saving and money-saving affair, which is also a guarantor for effective good luck.This is available, suitable for any household oven, eg at "Hobby-Bäcker.de".
The day before
The straightening of the respective fillings and the almonds for the stollen whole dough.
1. Stollen (classic) fruits:
For a stollen.
- 200 g raisins
- 100 g of citron
- 30 g of orangate
- 30 g of rum
- 40 g almonds, chopped
400 g of soaked fruits in total
2. Poppy seeds / poppy seed cooked:
- 450 ml of milk
- 300 g poppy seeds (ground)
- 36 g of sugar
- 66 g of honey
- 60 g marzipan raw material
- 120 g spoon biscuit
- 36 g butter
- 3 egg yolks
Grind the poppy seeds, milk, sugar, honey, marzipan raw material, bring the butter to a boil, add the poppy seeds, simmer for about 4-6 minutes, stirring gently, set aside and add the crumbs. Allow the mass to cool, then finish the egg yolk.
Now add spices:
- 3 pinches of salt
- 2 vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Msp. Carnation
- 3 Msp nutmeg
- 3 tbsp rum
- 1 lemon rubbed to taste
From the poppy mass I now weigh 400 g for a tunnel, and freeze the remaining mass, each 2 parts. Suitable for all kinds of recipes, such as cheese poppy cake,? Wrap cake and poppy seed snails ...? ect.
I admit to make a poppy seed filling itself is already associated with a certain effort ... But it tastes much better than the industrially produced with the much too much sugar.
And once a year, you can do that too ... It's also something special.
3. Nutstollen / Nut filling:
- 600 g hazelnuts (ground)
- 150 g spoon biscuit
- 100 g of raw marzipan
- 150 g of milk
- 150 g of sugar
- 75 g butter, liquid
- 3 eggs
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 1 lemon abrasion
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put everything in a bowl, just warm the butter and ?? mix all ingredients together until a homogeneous mass is obtained. "If the filling has become a little too firm as it has stood overnight, it can be softened with an egg. But not too much, otherwise gaps may arise after baking in the nut filling. ?
- From the nut mass I weigh now 400 g for a tunnel, and freeze the remaining mass, each 2 parts. Suitable for all kinds of recipes, such as snails, cheesecake or nutcracker ... ect.
Blanch the almonds for the whole pork dough.
- 300 g of chopped almonds
- 500 ml of hot water
Brew the 300 g of chopped almonds (without peel) with the boiling water, and strain again after 20 minutes. After cooling, store in a closable Tupperware, at room temperature, until the following day.
Completion of the preparation of the previous day.
Ingredients for the pre-dough
- 330 g of flour
- 60 g of yeast
- 250 ml of milk
- = 640 g of batter (30-45 minutes dough rest)
Ingredients for the main dough
- 640 g of batter
- 330 g of flour
- 400 g butter
- 40 g of sugar
- 33g marzipan
- 12 g of salt
- 10 g stollen spice
- 5 g 1 vanilla bean ground
- 1 lemon abrasion
- 300 g almond sticks (blanched)?
1770 g Stollengrundteig divided by 3 = 600 g (+/-)
Preparation of the whole dough for the 3 lug variants
- Add the pre-dough ingredients 360 g flour, 250 ml 18 ° C warm milk, 60 g fresh cube yeast to the dough machine. On the slow stage, mix everything well and knead the dough well with the middle stage for 8 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the machine, place in a bowl and allow to rest covered in a warm place for 30-45 minutes.
- From the remaining ingredients, except the blanched almonds and still resting dough, make a dough: 3-4 minutes in a slow course, to these ingredients, 330 g of flour, 400 g of butter, 40 g of sugar, 33 g marzipan raw, 12 g of salt, 10 g stollen spice, the inside of a vanilla pod, 1 lemon rubbing, have joined into a compact mass.
- Completion of the whole beef dough, for the 3 "different": After the 30-45 minutes rest, the pre-dough and the 300 g of flaked almonds in the food processor, where then all the ingredients of the whole meat dough, celebrate their liaison. The "celebration" then lasts in the middle corridor, so 3-4 minutes, until everything has connected again.
- In the meantime, the oven can be preheated to 200 ° C.
- After that, the finished stollen dough remains in the bowl for another 30 minutes until it can then be divided into 3 pieces of equal weight.
- Work-up: In the fruit stollen, the fruits marinated with rum are carefully incorporated, formed into a loaf, and then pressed into the mold with the end up. If you still want to, you can bring a 25 g marzipan roll into the center of the tunnel. The other two pieces are rolled out to rectangles (30 to 40 cm), coated with the respective filling (400 g), but where you should make sure that you do not apply any filling on the side of the 30 cm, 1-2 cm, ie the one the tunnel ends can also close. Now both pieces are rolled up from the 30 cm side, the ends are closed, and pressed upwards into the mold.
- Before the mold or molds are now closed with the lid, the studs should be stabbed several times with a knitting needle down to the bottom of the mold, so that no cavities are created later.
- A shot in the oven. With the 3 different, in one go. And at 200 ° C, lowest level, top and bottom heat. After 10 minutes of baking, the oven is set back to 170 ° C, and then the stollen 35-40 minutes to finish baking ... It should be 5 minutes ahead of time, the temperature feeler needle in the middle of a tunnel 3 cm deep prick. If the inner core temperature indicates 96 ° C, the lug is baked.
- Baking: Now take the mold out of the oven, turn it once so that the lid then becomes the bottom. Remove the upper part and already sits a 3-studded version in front of you.
- The seal with butterfat and the sugar mixture: 200 g icing sugar and 400 g normal baking sugar & 2 vanilla sugar. Put a potty with good clarified butter in the still hot oven. When the butterfat has melted, brush the lumps with the butterfat everywhere except the bottom. After a while, repeat the whole thing. Now push the studs with a lot of feeling on a breakfast board. The board brings more safety and protection, perhaps even too high a temperature, but the warmer this happens, the better it is for keeping fresh.
- Now you can very specifically, coat your studs with the sugar. Immediately push on a grid, so they can cool well until the next day. On the following day, powder only the studs with decorative snow and store in a well-sealed bag.
Good luck and a happy holiday season!