Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking or baking time: 35 min.
Total preparation time: 1 hr. 50 min.
Quickly these raisin snails are made. You can freeze immediately after baking great - you always have a fresh snail to the coffee!
- 450 g wheat flour
- 1 cube of yeast
- 140 g of sugar
- 100 g of butter
- 1 egg
- 200 ml of milk
- 150 g raisins
- 1 pinch of salt
- The flour is poured into a bowl.
- The yeast is crumbled and crumbled into the warm milk and then stirred smooth.
- In the flour you make a crater, in there comes the yeast milk. Mix well.
- Then add the egg and the sugar and the very soft butter and the pinch of salt.
- Beat with the wooden spoon until the dough throws bubbles and the arm hurts. Of course you can use the mixer, but in this case I believe in good old handwork.
- Then sprinkle the dough with some flour, throw a dishcloth over it and let the dough warm for an hour.
- If it has really risen, after about an hour, you knead it vigorously again.
- The dough is rolled out to a rectangle. This is sprinkled with raisins. Then you roll up from the longer side, so that a roll is created.
- From this role, one cuts off slices, which are placed on a baking tray. There they have to walk another fifteen minutes before being baked at 200 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- When they are finished golden brown, take them out of the oven.
- Mix 1 tbsp of powdered sugar with 1 tbsp of milk and spread the slices here.
- Once again in the oven off, just to dry the glaze, about 5 minutes.