Chicken breast with Brussels sprouts and potatoes
Preparation time: 30 min.
Cooking or baking time: 30 min.
Total preparation time: 1 hr.
Autumnal on the plate: Today I have decided to bring the least liked vegetables on my plate, namely Brussels sprouts.
For ten years I have not eaten sprouts, but in combination with chicken breasts, potatoes and spicy sauce it was delicious for us.
Here is the recipe:
- 500 g Brussels sprouts
- Chicken breast fresh or TK depending on number of persons
- Coconut oil for searing
- some cream to deglaze
- Spices to taste
- The Brussels sprouts are cleaned, d. H. the outer leaves are separated with the stalk, then rinsed under running water.
- Dice the onions and sauté in a little coconut oil, add the Brussels sprouts with approx. 200 ml of water or broth, season with salt, pepper and a little nutmeg, bring to the boil briefly, cover and cook at the lowest level.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper, sauté in coconut oil and then I push the pan into the oven and let the meat at a maximum of 100 degrees pull.
- Peel the potato and cook in salted water for about 20 minutes.
- After the meat is out of the oven, I remove the gravy with some cream.
- The Brussels sprouts I add a little butter for the taste.
- Now you can serve it and enjoy it.