Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking or baking time: 40 min.
Total preparation time: 1 hr.
Fancy chicory and cheese? This gratin recipe for 2 people can be prepared well and quickly.
- 2 chicory
- 1 shallot
- 5 slices of toast
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- Emmentaler grated (old Greyzer or Parmesan)
- grained broth
- pinch of sugar
- Cut off the chicory 5 mm from the end of the stalk and loosen the leaves. Repeat until the two chicory are present as leaves. Finely chop the shallot with the chicory sections (strunk), scrape the garlic.
- Bring some water with the gravy and sugar to a boil. Blanch the chicory leaves for about 1 minute and fry cold. Drain well.
- Roll up the ham slices and cut into 5 mm cogs. Melt two teaspoons of butter and sauté the ham wheels. Add the shallots and chicory cubes with chopped parsley and fry for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cooking broth from the blanching and continue to simmer. Remove from fire, season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and let cool.
- Butter a gratin dish and cover with half of the chicory leaves. Stir in a teaspoon of starch in the cooled ham shallot mixture and spread on the chicory leaves. Now lay out the second half of the chicory leaves and spread the grated cheese over it.
- Cut the mozzarella into thin slices and cover with the gratin. Bake at 180 degrees circulating air for about 40 minutes.