Fast apricot mousse
Preparation time: 20 min.
Rest period: 1 hour
Total preparation time: 1 hr. 20 min.
Inspired by Brandy's strawberry mousse a few days ago, and because we "drown" in apricots, I tried a mousse with apricots:
- 4 tablespoons of orange juice (or apple juice)
- 4 tablespoons sugar (I always take homemade vanilla sugar)
- 500 g apricots
- 1 tbsp ground gelatin (9 g)
- 250 ml whipped cream
- Pistachios and / or mint leaves for decoration
- Halve the apricots, remove the core and the stem. The apricots you can, but you do not have skin.
- Puree with the sugar.
- In a small pot, mix the orange juice with the gelatine, warm slightly, allow to swell.
- Add some of the puree first to the gelatine, then stir everything under the mass.
- Cool down.
- While whipping the whipped cream, lift it under the chilled mass.
- Leave to cool for about an hour.
- Serve together with apricot compote and mint.
The mousse is also great as a filling for cakes and pies. Then at the end no longer cool, but immediately process, and then only cold.