Fine light ground sauce without roux
Preparation time: 5 min.
Cooking or baking time: 20 min.
Total preparation time: 25 min.
For a very tasty white / light ground sauce without roux you need:
- 1 cup of cream
- 1 cup of creme fraiche
- Salt, nutmeg, freshly ground pepper
- Bring the cream and crème fraîche to a boil in a saucepan and allow to simmer while stirring until the cream-crème fraiche mixture is thickly boiled. Then season with freshly ground pepper, salt and a little nutmeg and finish a very tasty and fine white sauce, which in its original form, e.g. to cauliflower or other fine vegetables fits very well!
- For further use of the sauce, one may then e.g. Stir in capers and a little lemon and then let the Königsberg meatballs in the sauce!
- Furthermore, a mustard sauce for fish or hard-boiled eggs would be quickly prepared by adding mustard.
- A herbal sauce can optionally be prepared by adding fresh herbs such as parsley, dill, thyme, basil, Knobi, etc. with little additional effort.
- By adding 1 - 2 tablespoons lobster paste (depending on taste intensity) you have an exquisite sauce to stewed fish.
- Delicious vegetables such as Kohlrabi or similar are doused with this sauce to the really fine side dish.
So, as you can see, a truly individual and, of course, delicious sauce, with plenty of uses for all sorts of dishes that require a light sauce.
Who needs more sauce, just take twice the amount of cream and creme fraiche!