For syrup pickled elderflowers and lemons re-use
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking or baking time: 3 min.
Total preparation time: 13 min.
Tips for elderflower syrup or elderflower jelly are very many. I use both with many lemons. So far, I always felt sorry for throwing away the slices of lemon and elderflower.
Now I came up with the idea to make jam out of it and I succeeded. Maybe some of you are interested.
- sieved elderflowers and lemons
- Apple juice to fill up to 1 L
- 1 pck. Gelfix 3: 1
- Sugar or sweetener as needed
- For syrup, the lemons are sliced and prepared with the elderflower flowers in water or apple juice and then left depending on the recipe for 1-3 days to pull.
- But later, when I make jam out of the leftovers, I first rub the lemon peel into the liquid, then cut the lemon into slices, and the elder flowers are pretty thoroughly freed from the stems. Then they come in liquid.
- Then, when the juice or syrup is strained, I put the rest of the sieve in the blender and puree everything to Mus. Now I put the mus in a large pot, fill up with apple juice, until it gives a total of 1 liter, and sweet still as needed, possibly with liquid sweetener, this time 7.5 ml.
- Add 1 packet of Gel Fix from DR. Oetker or Ruf 1: 3 and bring to a boil.
- After 3 minutes cooking time, make gelling sample and fill into glasses.