Grilled halloumi on crispy farmhouse bread
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking or baking time: 10 min.
Total preparation time: 20 min.
A welcome snack for dinner: Grilled halloumi on crispy farmhouse bread with fried mushrooms and herb quark.
Halloumi cheese is a kind of mozzarella, but firmer and spicier. Cyprus vacationers can not escape him, because there he is already offered for breakfast.
With us he found his way through the new way of grilling finally on the home plate.
Halloumi can not be argued: you like him or you do not like him. The "squeaking"? while eating can easily reduce by cutting it quite thin.
This recipe is just right when the small appetite comes.
- 2 slices of farmhouse bread
- 2 slices of Halloumi cheese (supermarket or Turkish grocer.)
- 2 very thick mushrooms
- Herb quark or Tzatziki? not necessarily homemade but spiced with some fresh herbs
- Olive oil for roasting (if you like, a clove of garlic to coat for the toasted bread)
- Salt pepper
- Clean mushroom heads dry.
- Coat Halloumi and mushrooms and bread with olive oil.
- In each case roast in a hot grill pan, turn once.
- Arrange the toasted bread slices and Halloumi on a plate.
- Fill mushroom with herb quark and grate with pepper.
Quickly prepared and always on the table.
Grilled or fried Halloumi cheese should not be stored: it will quickly become hard and inedible. Buy now Make your own cheese in just 1 hour (Land & Werken) 19,99 ?