Hearty vegetable stew with pork and spaetzle
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking or baking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total preparation time: 1 hr. 50 min.
This strong-spicy Stockpot with local vegetables and pork is very tasty and filling. Since it tastes almost better the next day, I usually cook a big pot of it.
For 5 to 6 servings
- 2 onions
- 650 g pork (neck, shoulder)
- 500 g fresh egg spaetzle
- 400 g of potatoes
- 200 g of carrots
- 350 g of celery
- 150 g parsley root
- Salt pepper
- 6 peppercorns
- some nutmeg
- 1 leek
- 2 tablespoons of butter lard
- 1 bunch of parsley or chives
- An onion is halved with the peel and roasted vigorously in a pan without fat on the interfaces.
- The meat is boiled in a saucepan with about 2 liters of salt water, then add the roasted onion halves, reduce the heat and simmer the meat for about 1 hour, do not cook! The resulting foam is always skimmed off.
- In the meantime, add the spaetzle in plenty of boiling salted water and let it simmer for about 1 minute, then they are strained.
- The potatoes are peeled and diced, celery, carrots and parsley root are cleaned, peeled and cut into cubes or slices.
- After about 1 hour of cooking, add the potato and vegetable cubes, peppercorns and nutmeg to the casserole dish and let it simmer for about 30 minutes until the meat is tender.
- The leeks are washed, cleaned, cut into rings and boiled for the last 5 minutes in the broth.
- Now take the meat from the broth and cut into cubes of about 1 cm. The soup is seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Then the second onion is peeled and cut into thin slices. In a pan you heat the butter, in which the onion slices are fried golden brown.
- Add the meat cubes and the spaetzle in the vegetable soup and cook everything again briefly.
- Parsley or chives are washed, shaken dry and finely chopped.
- The vegetable stew is served with the fried onion slices and the chopped herbs.