Preparation time: 30 min.
Cooking or baking time: 35 min.
Rest period: 1 hour
Total preparation time: 2 hours 5 min.
A nice recipe for a Hefezopf, which is not too difficult to implement.
- 500 g wheat flour
- 250 ml of lukewarm milk
- about 50 g of sugar
- 1/2 cube of yeast
- 75 g of butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 sachet of lemon sugar or attrition from the organic lemon
- granulated sugar
- Raisins or almonds to taste
- Put flour in a bowl.
- Put lukewarm milk in a mixing bowl and add sugar and crumbled yeast. Stir until the yeast has dissolved.
- Add lemon sugar and 1 egg, whisk everything well.
- Pour the flour all at once into the flour, add soft butter and salt, knead vigorously until the dough is elastic.
- If you like, you can now add raisins / almonds and let the dough go covered with a damp cloth in a warm place. He should double himself. With me it takes about 1 hour.
- Knead again well on a floured surface.
- Whisk egg with a pinch of salt and sugar.
- Form the yeast cake, sprinkle with whisked egg and sprinkle with sugar. Now let go again for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven top / bottom heat to approx. 180 degrees.
- Bake the yeast on a medium rack for about 30-35 minutes.
Have fun baking.