Hefezopf II, spicy
With this spicy Hefezopf I have already excited as a high school graduation seasoned housewives at a birthday party. Maybe a few of you mum users?
Ingredients for the dough
- 500 g of flour (plain wheat flour is enough)
- 1/4 l of water
- 1 pack of dry yeast
- 50 g vegetable oil
- 10 g salt
- As a fillingserve z. Chopped olives, grated carrots, cumin, oregano ...
- And for painting you need an exciting oil, preferably chili oil
- From the dough ingredients you prepare depending on your taste, presence and skill with your hands or with the help of dough hooks, a dough.
- First mix the dry ingredients, then add water and oil and work until you have a smooth, tough dough lump in front of you. Leave it in a bowl, covered with a damp cloth, until it has doubled its volume Pi times thumb.
- Then knead it well on a floured work surface and divide it into three smaller lumps for strands.
- In each of these three strands you knead another filling (with dry stuffing that is much easier, but also, for example, the olives are worth the work!).
- Then the strands are braided into a braid. This brazier is sweetened before baking generously with chili oil, then it comes at about 180 ° C for about 20 minutes in the oven (which are the values of my oven - have an eye on it and now and then with a wooden skewer or Testing the knock test for perfection can not hurt!).
- Fresh from the heat, you brush it 1-2 times with the chili oil. This then draws nicely into the top layer of dough and gives the whole a nice color and above all a slight sharpness.