Herring tip (cream herring)
Total preparation time: 30 min.
A typical meal that can be served well on Fridays and especially tastes good to my dad and fiancé.
It is enough to go with potatoes, roast potatoes or black bread with butter.
- 800 g of chicken fillets
- 3 medium onions
- 1 sour apple (e.g., Boskop)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large gherkin or 2 small ones
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
- 3 peppercorns
- 6 mustard seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/8 l sour cream and whipped cream
- Cut the matje fillets into 2-3 cm pieces.
- Peel the onions, cut two into rings, the third into small cubes.
- Cut apple without core casing in eighths. Immediately sprinkle with lemon juice so they do not turn brown.
- Drain cucumber briefly and then cut into thin slices. Everything should be cut 4mm thick.
- Boil the vinegar with peppercorns, mustard seeds, onion cubes and the bay leaves in a saucepan. Then remove from heat and let cool and remove the spices (you can also give them in a tea bag for cooking).
- Mix the cooled vinegar with the sour cream and sweet cream.
- Mix everything together in a container with a lid.
- Let the whole thing soak in the fridge for 2 days.