Juice quince and continue to use jelly or mus
Here's a tip for you on how to make a delicious juice with fantastic color from a lot of quince and fun, and then process it into jelly or quince. I hope that this tip is easy to understand even without exact quantities!
- Wash the quince well and then rub off briefly. Remove flower bud and stalk. Then cut the quinces unpeeled and not gutted with a large knife on a board in half and cut into small pieces. Do not remove the core housing!
- Place the quince pieces in a pressure cooker, cover with water and cook with lid without any additives for about 45 minutes.
- Let stand overnight in a closed pot. Through shell and core, the juice gets an awesome color!
- Put the whole in a sieve with a large cloth and drain. Of course, catch the juice, it is best to leave it for about 1 to 2 hours. Then process the cold juice according to recipe to jelly (I take gelling sugar in the ratio 3: 1). For gelling all the pectin is still in it.
- From the drained quince meat "fumble out" the core casing and bowls, and also, according to recipe (but only with normal sugar), cook quince sauce, stirring it again and again.
- You can also chase the drained quince sweep through the fleet Lotte and make quince bread out of it.
Best regards, good luck and a good appetite !!!