Leek vegetables with red lentils and crunchy breaded cod fillets
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking or baking time: 20 min.
Total preparation time: 30 min.
Leeks blend well with red lentils and crunchy cod fillets, here in a breadcrumb of "sour cream chips".
At the moment I have a preference for leeks, which I have observed for many years only as a soup. Of course, he was in the 90s, when the midnight soup was a must at any party, cooked with cheese and also my favorite, but then he found until now only in vegetable soups inevitably his place.
(Crisps, crisps, stacks, and similar nibbling become a great panade for meat, poultry, and fish when chopped into a freezer bag with a glass bottle or dough roller and used like breadcrumbs.)
Ingredients for about 4 people
- 3 thick leeks
- 500 g cod (or redfish fillet / salmon filet)
- 200 g red lentils
- 2 thick carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 thick onions
- 400 ml vegetable broth
- Salt, pepper, curry - each to taste
- lemon zest
- Oil for frying
- Salt, curry or turmeric, pepper
- Breadcrumbs or as in this recipe: breadcrumbs from a bag of chips
- Flour for breading
- 1 egg
- Wash the fish and pat dry with kitchen roll.
- Wash leek thoroughly, clean and cut into rings or fine strips.
- Clean carrots, dice.
- Rinse red lentils several times, soak for about 5 minutes.
- Peel and chop onions and garlic.
- Sweat briefly in a pan in hot oil.
- Add leek rings, carrots and discarded lentils.
- Add the seasoning and the vegetable stock (instant).
- Approximately Simmer for 10 minutes with the lid closed, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime season the fish with a little pepper, turn into flour, tap off excess flour.
- In whipped egg (optionally add some cream) and then breadcrumb with the crumbled chips from both sides.
- Fry in plenty of hot oil, season with some (organic) lemon cloth before serving and decorate with the leek-lentils.
Enjoy the meal!