Lentil soup with brown plate lentils - vegan
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking or baking time: 30 min.
Total preparation time: 45 min.
A nice warming soup in autumn and winter time is always great! This is a recipe for a lentil soup with brown bowl lentils, carrots, potatoes and tomatoes. Since it is made without meat, the soup is also suitable for vegans.
- 250 g of brown plate lenses
- 4-5 medium sized carrots
- 4 big potatoes
- 1 red onion
- some sugar
- about 1 L vegetable broth
- 1 pck of passed tomatoes
- a little oil (we take rapeseed oil)
- bay leaves
- Peel carrots, onions and potatoes and dice them (the onion is of course finer than the other two ingredients).
- Cook the lentils with plenty of water and the bay leaves in a saucepan for 20 minutes (without salt!).
- Boil potatoes in salted water.
- In a large pot fry the onions in a little oil and allow the carrots to sauté at the end, add a little sugar (about 1 teaspoon), stir well and leave to simmer.
- Add vegetable broth, then cook the carrots.
- Meanwhile, pour the lentils into a sieve after the 20 minutes and wash until the water stays clear.
- Drain the potatoes.
- If the carrots are still slightly bittersweet, pass tomatoes, add lentils and potatoes.
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin and tarragon.
- All together for a few more simmer.
Of course, you can simplify the whole thing a bit, in which one z. B. lentils from the can. If you have no problem with it, you can also wash the potatoes and cook with the carrots. We eat them unpurified, I like to add some vinegar to the plate.