Lumberjack steaks, a hearty stir fry
Preparation time: 30 min.
Cooking or baking time: 20 min.
Total preparation time: 50 min.
Today there was something hearty with the Brandy family! Horstl's Lumberjack Steaks: The Horstl is also a strong guy who can really tackle and he needs - just like we also sometimes - something hearty on the plate.
For this, my lumberjack steak with roasted onions, a fried egg as a topping on top and spicy fried potatoes are perfect. Because this is a delicious and rich, rich meal, I named it after the said Horstl.
Such a pan dish is made quickly and tastes sure of the whole family.
If you like you can add a mixed salad, it was enough for us. The Horstl likes to take another look from the fried potatoes, if the appetite should require it. So you better roast some potatoes than usual!
I wish you good appetite and have fun while frying!
Ingredients for 2 persons
- 3 to 4 pork steaks
- Boiled potatoes, cooked the day before, amount to appetite
- 3 large onions
- 2 eggs
- Pepper salt,
- chopped, smooth parsley
- Fat for frying
- some flour to turn the meat in it
- Slice the potatoes cooked on the day before and slice them and put them aside.
- Also peel the onions, dice half of them, thinly slice the rest and fry in a pan in hot fat until light brown, pepper and salt, then remove from pan and also set aside.
- The sliced potatoes are now nicely fried in hot fat. After taking on a light color all around, they are salted and peppered and the diced half onion is placed over the potatoes.
- The heat can now be reduced a little so that the onions do not burn. Shake the pan again and again, so that the potatoes are turned over and the onions are also lightly browned.
- The pork loin steaks are beaten, salted and peppered vigorously, then turned into flour and fried in hot fat - like clarified butter or optionally rapeseed oil - light brown from both sides.
- In another pan, the eggs are now - lightly salted - fried to fried eggs.
- When the steaks are ready roasted, add the fried onion rings to the meat and the fried eggs will come to rest on the onions.
- Now, the fried potatoes are still on the plate, everything is sprinkled with plenty of parsley and then the Horstl may like all the other, take a seat at the table and take the hearty-strong lunch!
Let it taste good!