Maintain new / fresh tongue piercing
Here are some really good tips if you've got a tongue piercing:
- Drink a lot of water and chamomile tea.
- Make ice cubes of chamomile tea and cool your tongue every time it swells or hurts.
- If you are hungry, make yourself soup, e.g. Pea soup or pumpkin soup, definitely one that is pureed. You can then easily drink through a straw, so comes little to the branch channel, and always pay attention: NO DAIRY PRODUCTS! The cream in most soups is only for the thickness, so it's always an advantage if you let them go.
- In the evening before going to bed nice with vodka or other clear alcohol rinse your mouth. (For smokers: Rinse the first day after each cigarette! So you can theoretically smoke right after the sting, I've done so: D)
- Talk a lot and keep your tongue moving.
- If the pain keeps you from sleeping (because, as always, the pain gets worse when you come to rest), then calmly take a tablet, but lightly dosed, e.g. Thomapyrin.
- Not taking out and cleaning the piercing during the healing process slows the whole thing down.
I hope that my experience can help you, and you do not bother so much ;-)