Making chocolate cake toppers yourself
As I learned recently, "Wickie and the Strong Men" is still a hit today, and a friend's son wished for a Wickie pie for his birthday. Finished there is little to buy, it was announced!
This is how the chocolate pie topper goes:
- Print the motif and put it on baking paper (or freehand, if you can). Turn the baking paper over - the motif is then mirrored.
- Trace contours with liquid chocolate thinly and let it dry (you can do it in the fridge or freezer, because the top side is still down).
- Colorize white couverture (attention is only with fat-soluble food color !!) and fill the space generously, custom work is not so important here. Let dry.
- Possibly. Apply another layer of couverture for reinforcement. Let dry.
- Finally, carefully peel off the baking paper from the motif. Finished!