Mama's carrot stew
Preparation time: 1 hr. 20 min.
Cooking or baking time: 1 hr.
Total preparation time: 1 hr. 20 min.
- about 1kg of carrots
- about 750 g of potatoes
- 500 g of beef jerky, that's stubborn, lean pancetta
- about 1.5 liters vegetable broth
- chopped parsley
- Salt, pepper, possibly a little Maggi
- who likes it creamy, still some cream
- Put the jerky meat with a little cold water and cook for about 40 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel and wash the carrots, cut into cubes of about 3 cm. Potatoes as well.
- Now, after the meat has cooked so far, add the Möhen, cook for 5 minutes, then add the potatoes. Fill up with vegetable stock and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Now a light roux is prepared, to this you take 2 tablespoons melted butter, 2 lightly heaped tablespoons flour, toasted them brightly and with rapid stirring 2 soup ladle broth from the stew, it cooks well and then return to the stew , Let it boil again.
- Season with salt and pepper, possibly with a little Maggi. Finally, sprinkle the chopped parsley over it.
It's a bit of work, but of all the carrot stews I've eaten at some point, he's my favorite. Good Appetite.