Mediterranean bean sardine salad
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking or baking time: 8 min.
Rest period: 1 hour
Total preparation time: 1 hr. 23 min.
With the summery warmth, which currently lasts everywhere, one often does not know what to cook. After all, everything is partly associated with a lot of preparation work and not only that, the food should also be consumed as warm as possible and just missing in the heat often the desire and especially the appetite.
What could be more appropriate than to make a delicious and filling salad, on the one hand does not require a lot of work and on the other is still delicious fresh and yet satisfying.
Today I have decided for a meditteranen bean salad, which fits well with its fresh ingredients and the delicious dressing to the summer weather. We like to eat onion or bacon baguette. It fits very well a normal baguette, coated with a herb or garlic butter.
The salad is also very good as a small appetizer for a barbecue.
I wish good appetite!
Ingredients for two servings
- 300 g green beans fresh or frozen
- 5 - 6 cherry tomatoes
- 5 sweet and sour pickled, small Maiskölbchen
- 1 can of sardines without skin and bones
- 1 red onion
- 1 teaspoon soda
- Pepper salt
For the dressing
- white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- olive oil
- 1 garlic toe
- 1 small pinch of cumin ground
- fresh herbs of your choice or
- 1/2 pck of 8 garden herbs mixture
- fresh basil
- pepper and salt
- Set up the water to boil the beans. After it has boiled, it is salted and the freshly cleaned or TK beans are added and the teaspoon of soda (to keep the beans green).
- Boil the beans for 5 to 8 minutes, they should not be too soft in any case and still have a little bit of bite. Then they are poured off and set aside for cooling.
- The tin with the sardines is opened and the oil is poured off. Some housewives continue to use the fish oil, I do not like it that much, so it's disposed of.
- Now the tomatoes are quartered, the onion is peeled and shaved into thin rings, the small corn cubes are also cut into pieces and all ingredients are now mixed with the cooled beans.
- For the dressing, add the vinegar, the mixed herbs or half the packet of mixed frozen garden herbs and the finely chopped garlic to a bowl, add freshly ground pepper and salt and mix everything with the olive oil. For dressing comes now the bean-ingredients mixture. Only now are the roughly torn sardines spread over the salad. Finally, a good portion of basil leaves are cut and sprinkled over the salad.
Now, the finished salad in the refrigerator should run through for one hour. Before serving, it should be seasoned again and possibly a little spiced.
I also offer baguettes of different flavors, herb and garlic butter.