Nut caramel cake, very refined
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking or baking time: 45 min.
Rest period: 8 hours
Total preparation time: 9 hours
This cake is a hit on the coffee table! Tastes guaranteed and is not difficult to do. Well, the Christmas holidays are over, but the next birthday is coming!
- 75 g of sugar
- 500 ml of cream
- 100 g of margarine or butter
- 100 g of sugar
- 1 pck of vanilla sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 50 g of flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 125 g of ground and 75 g of chopped hazelnuts
- 4 egg whites with 1 tbsp sugar (stiffly beaten)
- Caramelise sugar in a pot for the filling. Caution - do not over heat, sugar burns easily! When the sugar is golden brown and glassy, add the cream and warm slowly until everything has dissolved. Cool caramel cream and refrigerate overnight.
- For the dough, soften the margarine or butter, stirring slowly with sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Gradually stir in the 4 egg yolks.
- Mix flour with a spoonful of baking powder and mix in with spoonfuls.
- Stir in the ground and chopped hazelnuts.
- Whip 4 egg whites with 1 tbsp sugar and fold under the dough.
- Put the dough in a springform pan (laid out with baking paper).
- Bake at 180 degrees under / over heat or 160 degrees hot air, about 45 minutes.
After baking loosen the soil from the mold, let cool and cut once horizontally. Beat the caramel cream with two packets of whipped cream. Brush the lower bottom with two-thirds of the cream, place the top soil on top. Paint the rest of the cream on the top.
The cake can be decorated with cream tuffs, chocolate, bark chocolate and hazelnut kernels.