Pasta in green bacon sauce
Preparation time: 5 min.
Cooking or baking time: 15 min.
Total preparation time: 20 min.
Pasta in green bacon sauce: So my kids like spinach!
- 500 g of pasta (Farfalle, Spätzle, Rigatoni or whatever you want)
- 700 g of spinach (I take frozen spinach, which is individually portionable)
- 200 g bacon cubes
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 crushed pink toad
- Salt / pepper to taste
- 200 g of grated hard cheese or diced feta cheese
- Cook pasta as usual and during that ...
- Fry the bacon cubes, onions and garlic in a large pot (if there is enough bacon on the ham, you do not need extra fat).
- Put the spinach into the pot and heat up with stirring (if necessary, add a little water).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (if you want you can add the classic spinach spice nutmeg, I always leave it off because I did not like it even as a child).
- When the spinach is cooked, add the cooked noodles and mix well.
- Finally ... either stir in diced feta cheese or sprinkle with grated hard cheese (put the lid on the pot and wait a minute, then the cheese melts).
My children eat spinach only in this form.