Quick apple pie with a loose bottom
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking or baking time: 30 min.
Total preparation time: 50 min.
In keeping with the apple season, I would like to recommend this quick recipe for an apple cake from the tin with a very loose bottom, which is by no means dry. The dough is stirred together quite quickly and baked, only the preparation of the apples takes a bit more time, so I did not peel them this time.
For a baking sheet about 40 x 25 cm
For the dough:
- 5 eggs
- 200 g of sugar
- 1 pck of vanilla sugar
- 125 ml of vegetable oil
- 300 g of flour
- 1 pck of baking soda
- 200 g sour cream
- about 850 g of apples
- cinnamon sugar, raisins, almond flakes, powdered sugar as desired
- The raisins are best soaked overnight in some rum or apple juice.
- Wash the apples, peel, quarter, core and then cut the quarters into small slits.
- The oven is preheated to 160-180 degrees (top / bottom heat).
- The eggs are nicely creamed with the sugar and vanilla sugar with the beater of the hand mixer, then let the oil enter and stir.
- The flour is mixed with the baking powder, then it is sieved and stirred in portions under the egg-sugar mass.
- Finally, add the sour cream into the viscous dough and distribute it on the greased or lined baking sheet.
- Now the dough bottom is covered with the apple slices and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, raisins and / or almonds.
- The sheet is then pushed onto a lower rail in the preheated oven and bakes the cake for about 30 minutes.
- Then you let it cool briefly in the oven first, before you take it out and maybe even enjoy a warm piece.
At will it can be dusted with powdered sugar. Also with some cream or vanilla ice cream - a pleasure!
I wish you a good appetite!