Red herring salad
Total preparation time: 2 hours 40 min.
Grandma's red herring salad, which we make every Christmas at Christmas, a little expensive, but it's absolutely worth it!
The photo shows the salad without the Miracel Whip! Was made on 23.12.2013.
(For 8 people)
- 8-10 chicken fillets
- 4-6 tubers red beet
- 6-8 medium-sized boiled jacket potatoes (as firm as possible)
- 1 ring meat sausage (Lyoner)
- 6 gherkins
- 2-3 medium onions
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- Some gurkensud from gherkins
- 1 glass Miracel Whip (depending on your taste normal or balance, we always take 2 small glasses and one of them fat and one balance)
The preparation takes some time and should also be a day before the planned consumption, so that the salad can pass well.
- All ingredients are cut into max. 0.5 cm cubes (onions are also smaller!). Unfortunately, that takes time, but is always at the big kitchen table, work for all, on 23.12. and sociable!
- This also explains why it must be solid potatoes, the individual ingredients should not dissolve in the salad in Pampe, but remain as individual components!
- All the ingredients are placed in a large bowl and then doused with half a glass of broth from the gherkins and mixed. If it is a small pickle jar, then maybe the whole brew. You have to try that, because there are no quantities.
- Keep the salad cool, but not in the fridge, for a couple of hours, and mix again and again. After a few hours, add the Miracel Whip and mix gently.
- Covered overnight.
- Enjoy the following day with wholemeal bread, black bread, brown bread or pumpernickel - depending on your taste.
P.S .: It is worth to make this salad for a larger number of people or for a buffet. The Schnippelarbeit is really communicative and fun.
If you do not like to snip, you may want to refrain from using this recipe. It is really important that the ingredients are cut so small-cubed.