Rhubarb carrot jam
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking or baking time: 30 min.
Total preparation time: 40 min.
A delicious recipe: rhubarb and carrot jam.
A friend recently brought me a good kilo of rhubarb. I had already baked cake - so I wanted to make jam out of it. Mostly with strawberries, but those in my garden are not mature yet and buying them was too expensive for me.
So I came up with the idea to combine the rhubarb with carrots.
- 1 kg rhubarb
- 1 kg of carrots
- 500 g jelly sugar 3plus1
- First peel the carrots and cut into pieces. Cook gently in a large saucepan with a little water and puree.
- During cooking, wash the rhubarb, if necessary remove the outer fibers and cut into pieces.
- Add the rhubarb to the carrot sauce and cook well.
- Since I did not want the rhubarb in pieces or as a mush, I crushed it with the potato masher.
- Then add the jelly sugar and cook as described on the package.
The result tastes excellent to my family.