Sauce for asparagus a la hollandaise
A low calorie variant of the real HollandaiseMy mother made her that way. I think it's delicious, easy to prepare and to put into the pot.
Sauce for asparagus:
- 40 g of butter
- 40 g of flour
- 1 egg yolk or 2 yolks, as you like
- about 50 - 100 g pieces of butter
- Lemon juice to taste
- some pepper from the mill
- about 400 cc of asparagus cooking water (I cook the asparagus lying in a little water in a pan with lid, with a little salt, a little more sugar a pinch of vegetarian broth, and a tablespoon of butter, icy)
- Melt the butter in the pot, add the flour, stir with the whisk and sauté.
- Gradually deglaze with the hot asparagus cooking water (keep asparagus warm) with further stirring. If the consistency is too thick, add some more water as it gets a little thicker through the butter and yolk.
- Mix the egg yolk in a cup with a little water. Put the egg yolk with the pieces of butter in the pot and whip until creamy with the blender or hand mixer.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
You can change with some cream and / or egg yolks. Do not let the sauce boil anymore, it will otherwise coagulate! (the yolk is no longer raw due to the hot sauce)
Variation: Very tasty also wild garlic or chives or parmesan.
What is essential is the consistency that results from the blending.
Bake coconut, etc. from leftover egg whites.
A picture comes later ... I hope this sauce tastes you, lower calorie than a hollandaise, it is definitely and delicious than such ready-bag sauces too.