Preparation time: 35 min.
Cooking or baking time: 25 min.
Total preparation time: 1 hr.
Here's a delicious dish - recipe of course from my mom.
- 500 g hack
- about 1 kg of potatoes for mashed potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 bag of sauerkraut
- bit of broth
- Shot of milk
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- So ... first peel potatoes and cook.
- Dice onions and sauté. Add the sauerkraut to the onions. Fill with hot water and cook until the potatoes are cooked.
- Preheat oven to 200º C. Top / bottom heat.
- Drain both.
- Make the mashed potatoes with milk, salt and nutmeg. If you want, you can add a piece of butter.
- Sauté the meat (until it is cooked) and season.
Layer into the greased casserole dish
- First the well dripped sauerkraut then the hack and then the mashed potatoes.
- Finally mix a dash of water and about 1 heaped TL broth and spread on top.
- Then put everything in the oven for about 25 minutes. You can then tell if he's done when the liquid is simmering down at the hack. Of course, only if you have a glass casserole dish, and if the mashed potatoes lightly browns up.
- Good hunger, picture follows!