Staghorn cake with dark dough
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking or baking time: 25 min.
Total preparation time: 45 min.
The other day, I've finally tried out the staghorn cake recipe with the dark dough, and although the dough has not risen as high as I would have expected, I find it almost better than the one with the light dough.
He has also become very loose and tastes wonderfully chocolaty, in addition to the lemon glaze? a very special treat!
As promised, I will continue this easy and quick recipe for all Backfreudigen!
Ingredients for a baking dish (mine is 28 x 40 cm in size):
For the dough:
- 250 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups of sugar (250 g)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tsp deer horn salt
- 250 g flour
- 50 g of cocoa
For the casting:
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 250 g powdered sugar
- First preheat the oven to 180 degrees (top / bottom heat).
- The butter and the eggs are creamed with the mixer at the highest level, then the sugar is added and stirred.
- The staghorn salt is stirred in the milk and also stirred under the mass.
- Then the flour is mixed with the cocoa, sieved, stirred into the mixture and all stirred into a creamy dough. This is now evenly distributed on the greased or lined with baking sheet, which is now pushed into the preheated oven.
- After a baking time The cake is ready for about 20-25 minutes. I then let it cool slightly with the oven door slightly open, before I take it out to cool it down.
- For the casting I mix the lemon juice with the warm water and the powdered sugar and stir everything smoothly. Then I spread the icing on the cake and sprinkle the sugar sprinkles over it - now he's ready to enjoy.
I wish you all a GOOD APPETITE!