Strong toast bread
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking or baking time: 30 min.
Rest period: 7 hours
Total preparation time: 7 hours 50 minutes
Since the usual toast bread tastes too bland and it is also nutritionally not so recommendable, I have worked out my own recipe. To emphasize it beforehand: This is not a fluffy toast, but a slightly firmer and substantial bread that can be toasted well.
- 400 g wheat flour 1050
- 100 g of rye flour 1150
- 40 g oatmeal, meaty
- 40 g of flax seed, crushed
- 40 g sunflower seeds
- 40 g pumpkin seeds (who wants)
- 15 g of sugar
- 12 g of salt
- 1 pck of dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 200 g yoghurt, room temperature
- 210 ml of water, lukewarm
- Mix ingredients 1 to 10 and then knead with the mixture of 11th and 12th to a dough.
- I take the hand mixer with dough hook. The dough is worked vigorously for about 10 minutes until it comes loose from the edge of the bowl. He should be medium hard. If you do not like the consistency, add some more water or possibly wheat flour.
- To prevent it from drying out, cover the bowl with a lid or plate and leave the dough at room temperature for 6 hours, approximately doubling the volume.
- Then, on the floured work surface, make an oblong bread that has to go in a greased box cake tin (26 cm) in the oven preheated to 50 ° C until the volume has doubled again. You should not let it go any further, otherwise it will change in the direction of 'fluffy'? and can be cut more difficult.
- Baking: For 35 - 40 minutes in the oven preheated to 50 ° C on the bottom rail at 200 ° C / top and bottom heat.
- The bread is baked through, if it sounds hollow when tapping on the underside (previously release from the mold). If you have the feeling that it is not quite through, you put it for a few minutes in the still hot oven.