Swabian cheese spaetzle - simple and tasty
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking or baking time: 25 min.
Total preparation time: 35 min.
Real Swabian cheese spaetzle, for 4 people - simple and delicious.
- 600 g of flour
- 6 eggs
- about 200 ml of mineral water (best with carbonic acid)
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped (frozen parsley too)
- 2 tablespoons of grained broth (from the glass) or 2 cubes
- grated Emmentaler cheese
- Put about 2 L of water with grained broth in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Prepare dough: Process flour, eggs and mineral water in a bowl to form a smooth, sticky dough. Season with salt.
- When the water boils, rub a medium-sized ladle of the dough through a spaetzle slice into the water. Let the portions boil for about 2-3 minutes in the water, then with a ladle first to drain into a fine sieve.
- Then place in a casserole dish and add a tablespoon of Emmentaler over each serving of spaetzle. The cheese has to be distributed nicely between the spaetzle so that it pulls threads.
- When the shape is full of spaetzle, sprinkle some cheese on it for baking, then put in the microwave or in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Great: roasted onions. Perfect if you sprinkle them with sugar during roasting in the pan - gives the onions a great taste and makes them extra crispy!