Swabian potato salad
Total preparation time: 1 hr.
Ingredients per person
- A handful (2-4 pieces) of potatoes (salad potatoes, "Sieglinde" are excellent) or a potato variety "hard-boiling" or "floury solid-boiling" but never use "floury cooking".
- Onion (cut): max. 1/2 for 4 people
- Hot broth (finished product: grained broth or vegetable broth), concentrated, so slightly less water than to prepare a soup.
- Possibly. stir in some mustard in the hot broth, the salad becomes more tasty.
As a guide
- 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 tbsp oil
- Cook potatoes, peel, slice (by hand, not with the egg cutter)
- Salting (economical, depending on the concentration of the broth)
- Pepper to taste (black or white - no matter how we do not want to win a chef's hat)
- First add salt, pepper and vinegar over the boiled, peeled and sliced potatoes.
- Then pour the hot stock and the oil over it. The salad should still be a bit liquid, because of the potatoes still sauce is absorbed.
Have fun in the upcoming barbecue season ...