Tasty beef soup
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking or baking time: 2 hours
Total preparation time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Almost everyone likes to eat beef soup. But for a good beef soup is not necessarily, for. B. Tafelspitz necessary. I use this only if the Tafelspitz is the main dish afterwards.
For a tasty beef soup, just plain good beef stew and beef bones and, of course, root vegetables are enough. But essential are mace blossoms as a spice. These give, applied very sparingly, the soup an incomparable taste. Really after a strong beef soup, if you know what I mean.
The recipe I have "inherited" from my mom, which made a real "soup pot" - with vegetable and meat insert and fries!
Later, the leftover fries, (my recipe was previously published in FM) were jam-filled and we kids were happy.
- 800-1000 g of beef meat
- 600 g beef bones
- 2 large carrots peeled in the whole
- 1 large yellow turnip peeled in the whole
- 1 small parsley root peeled in the whole
- 1/2 onion with peel
- 1.5 L of water
- 1 tbsp salt
- Chives for garnish
- Macis blossom to one centimeter - beware, this spice is very intense and spicy!
- Wash meat and bones well and place in a saucepan with the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat with the lid closed for at least 2 hours. I use a pressure cooker and the cooking time is 45 minutes.
- After the cooking time, the soup is strained over a sieve in another pot. The bones and onion are disposed of.
- The root vegetables are cut into lozenges and the meat in bite sized pieces and served in the soup.
- As I wrote, fries would be ideal as an additional deposit. If you do not want to do this work, you can also use vermicelli.
- Sprinkled with some chives, the soup is ready to serve.
I would be glad, if you like the recipe of my mom!