"Totenbeinle" - a pastry not only for Christmas
Preparation time: 30 min.
Cooking or baking time: 10 min.
Total preparation time: 40 min.
The cookies with the name "Totenbeinle" were always a hit with my kids. They are very fast to produce and are delicious. I would like to make the recipe available!
- 125 g soft butter, goes well with margarine
- 180 - 200 g of sugar
- 4 small eggs with electric mixer, butter, sugar and eggs until frothy.
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 500 g of flour, type 405
- 250 g roughly chopped almonds, add and knead by hand
- Pour the dough into a freezer bag (of sufficient size) and swirl in it to a thickness of 1.5 cm. Turn over the opening and let the flat dough package solidify in the fridge or on the balcony.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the dough bag and cut the flat dough sheet into small finger thick and big strips. (Goes well with the pizza cutter).
- Place on trays and brush with 1 egg yolk, which has been covered with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Just bake the sticks pale yellow, then they are nice and tender. Baking time at 180 degrees about 10 minutes. Returns about 100 pieces.