French toast with maple syrup
Preparation time: 2 min.
Cooking or baking time: 6 min.
Rest period: 2 min.
Total preparation time: 10 min.
I'm always looking forward to my trips to New York, because that is where my favorite breakfast shop is located next to my regular hotel and I always place my appointments in such a way that I can definitely have breakfast there. There is the world's best French toast with maple syrup, which I have ever eaten.
Of course you would have to take original brioche slices, but since this is not always available in the house, it goes without saying that you also have toast and all the ingredients you need are usually at home anyway.
Ingredients for 2 french toast slices
- 2 slices of toast (can be older)
- 1 egg
- 1 shot of milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar (I always put it on with a scraped-out vanilla pod, if necessary, half a packet of this vanilla stuff)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Butter for sizzling
- Whisk the egg, milk, vanilla sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg and place in a deep plate. Put the slices of toast into it and let it suck (as long as the butter melts in the pan, for example).
- Melt the butter in a sufficiently large pan over medium heat. Put the toast slices soaked in the egg mixture in the pan. Carefully let the remains of the egg mixture over the slices of toast. Slowly fry for about 3 minutes on mild medium heat from each side and let the sugar caramelize.
- Serve on a plate and make a small bowl of maple syrup.
You can refine the french toast z. B. with fresh fruit (bananas, strawberries, what the orchard so forth) and the cut fruits on the plate.
Although it is actually a sweet recipe, there are also variants with a hearty scrambled egg over it or with bacon. That sounds a bit strange, but also tastes super delicious!
Good Appetite! Buy now Grade A Canadian Maple Syrup (Dark, Sturdy Taste) - 1 Liter (1.350 Kg) - Original Maple Syrup - Kan? 21,45 ?