Cantuccini - Italian almond cookies
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking or baking time: 20 min.
Rest period: 30 min.
Total preparation time: 1 hr. 10 min.
Cantuccini, the traditional Italian almond biscuits, does not have to be bought. It is quick to make and tastes delicious. Here is the recipe.
- 250 g flour
- 90 g of sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 vanilla sugar
- 1/2 vial of bitter almond oil
- 175 g almonds
- 1 pinch of salt
- 25 g soft butter
- 2 eggs
- The almonds must be skinned first. Add the almonds briefly to boiling water, then rinse in a colander with cold water and peel.
- Mix all ingredients except the almonds. Finally, knead the almonds.
- Form into a ball and wrap in foil, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough n 6 pieces and roll them into 25 cm long strands.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 degrees.
- Take the sheet out briefly and divide each strand with a sharp knife on slanted pieces.
- Place the pieces on the cut surfaces and roast until golden brown for another 10 minutes.
After cooling, store in a cookie jar. I like to eat espresso.