Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking or baking time: 2 hours
Total preparation time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Bakers are offered in the bakeries and shops. But they are not cheap and no one knows which artificial additives they contain. But you can quickly do it yourself for all occasions and in different sizes.
- 4 egg whites, if possible of organic eggs, as the liquid protein is firmer.
- 125 g of the finest sugar
- 125 g powdered sugar
- Possibly. a little scorched pith from a vanilla pod, but it does not have to be
- Possibly. 75 g shelled, finely grated almonds, but it does not have to be
- Beat the egg whites with the hand stirrer to very firm snow, then slowly pour in the fine sugar and possibly the marrow of the vanilla pod and continue beating. Add the sieved powdered sugar and mix well. If necessary, fold in the grated almonds.
- Lay out one or two baking sheets with parchment paper and, using 2 teaspoons or a spout, distribute small or large piles of meringue. Now push the baking sheets into the preheated oven.
- 90 - 120 minutes at just under 120 ° C more drying than baking. Then remove from the paper and leave to dry in a warm place (room temperature) overnight.