Pesto made from carrot greens
Preparation time: 15 min.
Total preparation time: 15 min.
On the market, I basically buy carrots in the bunch with all the green stuff on it. I have the idea that they are fresher and taste better. I have always thrown away the green. Too bad! The green is actually edible. Now I make it very delicious pesto.
For the pesto I use only the green of organic carrots. Very important: The carrots must be very fresh. That's why it's especially good at this time of the year. In autumn and winter I would not do the pesto better. With bunched carrots from the supermarket I have bad experiences. They have already been stored in the cold store and the herb does not taste so good.
- 40? 50 g of carrot green (just the leaves of a bunch of carrots)
- 10-20 g of basil
- 50 g pine nuts
- 50 g of Parmesan
- 1 small clove of garlic
- a little lemon juice
- salt pepper
- Cut the carrot green and pluck the leaves. Do not use stems for the pesto.
- Wash the green and some basil leaves and mince them.
- Roast pine nuts, peel the garlic clove and chop them as well.
- Put the green, the pine nuts, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a shaker, fill with oil and puree.
- Fill the mass into a small glass and a delicious pesto is ready.
The pesto lasts for two to three weeks in the refrigerator.
As a kid I learned that you can not eat the carrot greens. Not at all. Only allergy sufferers should rather do without it. In large quantities, the green can cause skin allergies due to the content of falcarinol.% AMAZON%