Clean clogged drain with detergent and water only
You have a thin, winding and clogged drain (such as in the shower) in which the water runs through a ball of hair only minimally?
- Add two to three drops of dish soap to the drain.
- Then bring in a kettle about 1.5 liters of water for cooking and pour the water slowly into the drain.
- Always fill it up to the edge of the drain and let it drain until the kettle is empty.
- Repeat the procedure again and the hair ball should dissolve abruptly. (Habs tried 5 minutes ago, works great!)
- Never use drain-free on the plastic pipes of a shower! Drain-free, when combined with water, forms an acid that will etch the pipes and cause enormous heat build-up.
- In addition, drain-free usually only dissolves the blockage and makes it hard as concrete shortly thereafter.