Melvin: wine from the melon
Preparation time: 15 min.
Total preparation time: 15 min.
When traveling in Chile, you can not get around this drink: "Melvin" is made up of melón (melon) and vino (wine). The white wine is sipped straight from the melon. Just the thing for a summer evening with friends. Very tasty!
- a Gali melon, alternatively a honey melon is also suitable
- a bottle of white wine? in Chile mostly cheap wine from the Tetrapak is used, the melon enhances it :)
- Knife and spoon
- drinking straw
- Cut the melon at the top (like a pumpkin). Remove the core housing with a spoon.
- Now scrape off the pulp in small pieces from the melon. Best in bite size!
- Top up the melon with the chilled white wine, stir briefly with a spoon. Straw in, done! For extra cool enjoyment you can still add ice cubes to the melon.
The fruit pieces absorb with wine and provide a fruity kick. If you want more pieces of fruit and wine, just scratch it with the spoon from the bowl. The melon is passed around in a circle and of course shared. When the melon is empty, refill with wine until the wine is empty or you have enough;)
Alternatively, you can also use champagne. I have already tested the variant and it tastes almost as good!
Bottom up! (or in Spanish: Chin Chin!)