Carrot cake without fat
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking or baking time: 50 min.
Total preparation time: 70 min.
I got this wonderful recipe from a friend and now I want to share it with you.
- 500 g of carrots
- Juice of a lemon
- 4 eggs
- 200 g of sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 125 g of ground almonds
- 100 g of flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Peel carrots, wash and finely grate, mix with lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 °
- Separate the eggs, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and the water until creamy
- Add cinnamon, cloves and lemon peel
- Mix flour with baking powder and add to the egg mass with the almonds and carrots and stir
- Beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff and fold under the dough
- Grease the edge of a springform pan (26 cm), cover the bottom with baking paper
- Add the dough and bake for 50 minutes
- Allow to cool, tumble, dust with powdered sugar
Unfortunately, the cake failed me. I have made a mistake, as it had in the recipe, the cake immediately after baking overturned and then let cool. When falling, he unfortunately crumbled me. But I've already changed this in this recipe so that does not happen to you.
I will bake the cake again for a few days and then take a photo.
Have fun baking!