Christmas dinner for little money - turkey drumstick
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking or baking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total preparation time: 1 hr. 50 min.
Of course, there are many among us who can not afford the Barbarie Duck or the Christmas Goose for the festival and still want to eat something very delicious.
My recommendation: buy (depending on how many eaters there are) a turkey club. At 3.50 euros per kilo (fresh!) So a roast piece costs around 5-6 euros (about 1.5 kilos).
Here is my recipe:
- 1 piece turkey leg with bone
- 2 onions
- 2 peppers (color does not matter)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 juniper berries
- 1/2 L red wine
- 1/2 l broth (poultry or vegetable broth, substitute bouillon cube)
- some cream (otherwise it would not be sauce from H.-J. Lecker ... * gggg)
- Salt and pepper, marjoram
- Place the meat with the skin side down in the lightly greased roasting pan. Season with salt, pepper and marjoram. Cut the onions, peppers and garlic into large pieces and add them, also season.
- Pour in the broth and the wine. Put some fat on the top of the meat and put it in the oven. 170 degrees, a good hour.
- After a good hour of roasting, remove the roasting pan from the oven, remove the meat and set aside.
- Put the stock through a sieve in a pot and leave something in the pan. Now put the meat back into the roasting pan with the skin side up, add the vegetables. Roast in the oven.
- Boil the stock, add some cream and reduce to one third. Season to taste. If the sauce should be too thin, you can bind it easily (brandy, but also sauce binder).
- Grill the meat in the oven for the last ten minutes to make the skin crisp. Finished. Wars hard? No, but it is guaranteed to be delicious. And not expensive.
- Served with red cabbage (if not the Parpika-Zwiebelgemüse already enough) and a few dumplings.