Color Easter eggs naturally
This contribution should be understood as a tip and an exchange of ideas.
If you want to dye Easter Eggs in a natural way, you can also have a look in the kitchen - or at the grocery store: D
At this point I would like to say a heartfelt thank you to my daughter, who brought me to the idea! THANK YOU :)
The following can be used to dye eggs:
- Blueberry or elderberry juice color the eggs dark blue
- Red cabbage colors it light blue
- Rooibos tea makes orange
- the spice turmeric turns yellow
- Onion skins color reddish brown and
- Matetee lime green
- Birch leaves and dandelions make a tender yellow
- Nettle leaves stain the egg shells green
- with beetroot you get an intense red color
That's how it's done:
Finely chop the plant parts and simmer them separately with a little water and a dash of vinegar over medium heat for about 30 minutes (except for the juice, which is not cooked). In the meantime cook the eggs hard. Strain off, add some water if necessary and place the still hot eggs for at least 30 minutes. Turn several times.
- White eggs are best for dyeing
- before cooking; Wash the eggs with vinegar water
- for a nice shine; Rub colored eggs with cooking oil
These are a few suggestions that I found myself. Last year, we tried on onion skin to dye eggs, it did not work that well. So I have some questions for you below:
Do you have any ideas or own experiences with the natural coloring?
And in what concentration or amount should you or have you used the coloring ingredients, so that they leave relatively strong colors on the eggshell?
I am looking forward to a lively exchange. Have fun and Happy Easter wishes you Frien :) Buy now Heitmann Eierfarben 30058 - Bastelset Easter 4 pieces, egg color with magic pen, magic egg, Easter egg? 9,99 ?