Simple spelled wholemeal bread with oatmeal and seeds
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking or baking time: 1 hour 5 min.
Rest period: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total preparation time: 2 hours 50 minutes
This delicious, crispy wholemeal bread with seeds, seeds and oatmeal is easy and quick to prepare, if you do not count the rest periods.
Ingredients for a small bread
- 400 g spelled wholemeal flour
- 1 pck of dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 250 ml of water
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 50 g of flaxseed
- 50 g of wholegrain wholegrain oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon sugar beet syrup
- 2-3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground caraway
- and some oil for the baking tray or baking pan
- In a mixing bowl, the flour is first mixed with the dry yeast and the sugar and then kneaded with the lukewarm water. For this I have taken the hand mixer with the dough hook. Then the bowl is covered with a damp cloth and the dough should rest for about 1 hour in a warm place (best at about 30 degrees in the oven).
- Meanwhile, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and oatmeal are mixed with beet syrup, salt and caraway.
- After the rest period, this mixture is incorporated into the bread dough and this is then kneaded vigorously for 5 to 10 minutes. The dough should become loose and supple. Then shape it into a loaf and place it on the oiled baking tray or place it in an oiled box mold and smooth the surface. Now let it rest covered again for about 30 minutes.
- The oven is heated to 220 degrees top / bottom heat and places a refractory bowl with hot water on the bottom of the oven.
- The bread is then baked for about 15 minutes at 220 degrees, then the temperature is switched down to 200 degrees and baked the bread for another 50 minutes. So that the surface does not become too dark, I covered the bread with baking paper.
- After the baking time, leave the mold for a few minutes with the oven door slightly open in the tube before loosening the bread from the mold and allowing it to cool on the wire rack.