Strong spicy vegetable stew with gnocchi and cabanossi
Preparation time: 30 min.
Cooking or baking time: 25 min.
Total preparation time: 55 min.
This very tasty and filling stew vegetable stew with gnocchi and cabanossi is cooked rather quickly. It takes about 4-5 portions of the following ingredients, which can also be exchanged according to taste well:
- 800 g of potatoes
- 1 box of greens (4 small carrots, 1 piece of celery, ½ stick of leek, parsley)
- 2 peppers (red and / or green)
- 2 onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of butter lard
- about 1 - 1.5 liters of water
- 1 tin (400 g) peeled tomatoes in tomato juice
- 2 tsp instant vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pepper and chilli pepper spice
- some nutmeg, ground cumin
- Oregano, cilantro and basil
- 15 - 20 g of fresh ginger
- 300 g Cabanossi
- 500 g of gnocchi
- as desired, sour cream, crème fraiche or sour cream
And that's how easy it is ...
- Peel the potatoes. Cut the greens (except the parsley) and potatoes into small cubes, peel the peppers into thin strips, peel and dice the onions, chop the garlic clove into small pieces and squeeze all together in a large coated saucepan (or pressure cooker) sauté the hot clarified butter for a short time.
- Then deglaze with the water, add the tomatoes in tomato juice and the instant vegetable stock, add spices, sugar and salt, bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes covered, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime boil the gnocchi in salted water according to the instructions in another pot.
- When the vegetables are soft, remove the bay leaves, remove about a quarter of the stew, finely puree with the blender and put back into the pot. Then add the finely grated ginger, the cooked gnocchi and the Cabanossi sliced in about ½ cm thick slices and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Wash the parsley, shake dry and finely chop. Now the stew can be sprinkled with parsley and served with some sour cream, crème fraîche or sour cream.
It goes quite well with home-baked wholemeal bread or bread rolls.