Wrong Dutch sauce
Preparation time: 5 min.
Cooking or baking time: 5 min.
Total preparation time: 10 min.
- 30 g of butter or margarine
- 30 g of flour
- 200 ml of broth or vegetable water
- 200 ml of milk
- Lemon juice, salt, nutmeg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- possibly cayenne pepper
- Let the butter or margarine in the pot get hot, add the flour and allow to sweat well while stirring, but do not brown. Then deglaze with milk and broth and stir and simmer for about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and nutmeg (as fresh as possible). Then whisk the egg yolk and stir in the no longer boiling sauce with the whisk, add the butter, stir well and season with cayenne pepper (taste).
- Tastes very well with corresponding vegetable water, e.g. Asparagus water, broccoli water etc.