Fast rabe cake with meringue topping
I baked this afternoon a quick, delicious rabe cake with meringue topping, which even tasted my husband, who otherwise does not like rhubarb.
Ingredients and preparation
Clean 700 g of rhababi, wash and cut into small pieces, sprinkle with 3 - 4 tablespoons of sugar and let stand for about 1/2 hour.
- 200 g of flour
- 100 g margarine (also goes half fat)
- 75 g of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 3 egg yolks
to a shortcrust pastry and also cool for 1/2 hour.
- Boil 300 ml of milk and 1 p. Custard to a pudding (if necessary refine with half a scrap of vanilla pod). Fold in the rhababer.
- Put the shortcrust pastry in a greased springform pan and squeeze it on the ground, lightly pulling up the rim if you can. Spread the rhubarb pudding and bake at 180 ° C for 20 minutes.
- Beat 3 egg whites with 100 g powdered sugar until stiff and pour over the pre-baked cake.
- Then bake again at 150 ° C for 25 minutes in the oven.
- I think that you can prepare the delicious cake with gooseberries. I will definitely try it.