Preparation time: 30 min.
Cooking or baking time: 30 min.
Total preparation time: 1 hr.
Marmots carrot stew, always tasty and tasty, not only in the cold season.
- 1 kg of carrots
- 350 g of potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Pepper, salt, nutmeg
- Meat or vegetable broth
- roasted onions
- The carrots as well as the potatoes are peeled and sliced or diced so they cook faster.
- In the meantime, heat the lard in the pot and fry a large diced onion.
- Then add the carrots and potatoes to the onions and also sauté briefly.
- Then the carrot and potato mixture is filled up with the vegetable or meat broth so that you can not see the broth! If necessary, you can add some broth in the course of the cooking process! Too much broth makes the stew liquid, so dose it carefully!
- After the cooking time of about 20 to 30 minutes, the vegetable-potato mass, including the cooking liquid, with a potato masher not too fine puree and then with pepper, salt, nutmeg and the EL mustard (if necessary, a little more) , seasoned. Who likes it, can also help the seasoning with a splash of Maggi.
- If the carrot stew is served, cover it with fresh and light brown fried onion rings.
- This tastes, for example fresh bratwurst, meatballs, "wrong" chops or even real chops, also a Schnitzel also fits well.
The carrot stew can be frozen well and tastes like all stews, even after warming up, still very delicious.
The specified circa-time expenditure, refers to the cooking time including preparation of the ingredients!